Depending on your makeup and lifestyle, blush can sometimes rub off during the day, leaving your once-flushed cheeks looking pale and sallow. Summertime can make this problem worse, with high temperatures cause makeup to melt off the face.
Follow these steps in layering blush to lengthen its wear time. (more…)
With summer in full swing and the rising heat (ick), my beauty routine has definitely lightened up significantly. Not only because the heat makes me lazy but also because a fully made-up face in 100-degree weather can melt and end up looking funky. No one wants to have raccoon eyes. Here are my 7 summer beauty essentials that keep me feeling fresh and pretty without looking overdone.
1. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This is hands down my favorite mascara of all time. I’ve tried them all from Dior to Lancome to all the drugstore brands. Nothing exceeds the volume, thickness and length that L’Oreal Voluminous gives. It never flakes and lashes feel soft and flexible to the touch with this mascara. Most others leave mine crispy and stiff. Many celebrity makeup artists swear by this mascara. A few swipes of this and I feel glamorous and ready for the day. The $7.99 price tag and the fact that it’s often buy 1 get 1 50% off isn’t bad either!
2. Bright lipstick: Since I don’t wear dramatic eye makeup in the summer I love to make a statement with a bold lip. I only like to make one beauty statement at a time. During the colder months I love a smokey, dark eye and nude lip. The summer is such a fun time to express yourself with vibrant, playful lips. I have three that I’m currently rotating between depending on my outfit and mood:
- Revlon Persian Melon: This is one of my absolute favorite lipsticks. It’s a gorgeous hot pink cream with no shimmer, which is ideal. I prefer a lip color with no shimmer when a color is this bright.
- Lancome Rouge in Love High Potency Lipcolor lipstick in Rose Boudoir : This is a matte lipstick that’s a lovely and bright coral pink. It’s long wearing, which is a bonus!
- Maybelline Fuchsia Fever: Fuchsia is a really fun lip color and this is my favorite fuchsia lipstick I’ve found. It has a similar look to the bright pinks but the hint of purple in fuchsia really adds a fun, playful pop to your look.
From left to right: Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, Lancome Rose Boudoir, Revlon Persian Melon
There is a CVS about 2 blocks away from my house so I usually visit there at least 3 times a week. Whether I’m picking up a box of Raisinetes to feed a late night candy craving, or just strolling in to pick up a bottle of champagne for afternoon mimosas… rest assured, I always leave with something that I don’t need. The trip that I made when I picked up this Lip Butter was no exception.
You can hear the good, the bad, and the ugly from 2 bloggers in this post. . . (more…)